Friday, July 20, 2007

A Dream Come True!


I was 13 or 14 when, in search of Frank Frazetta art books, I stumbled upon Heavy Metal Magazine. Fascinated, and a bit shocked I took it up to the counter. The old bag at the checkout looked at me, looked at the magazine and told me I was too young to buy this "trash". I jumped up on the counter, grabbed the cash register and beat her to death with it. I got grounded for a whole week. During my internment I vowed to someday be published in Heavy Metal.

Well holy shit, that day is almost upon us. I just sent in artwork for the November 2007 issue! I'm so excited I have to wear Depends® all the time now. The issue comes out the second week of September. I'm gonna have a big party here in P-town. My buddy Pete has a bar that sells magazines called the Press Club and I am taking over the place. He is ordering a ton of copies and I will have my Art up on the walls. If you want to be there with all the cool people, drop me a line, I'd love to see you there.

I want to thank Kevin Eastman for giving me space in his great magazine. Kevin you are so invited to the party!

Ronnie

No comments: